Auto Insurance Discounts
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Auto Insurance and other Financial Planning topics.
How can I save money on car insurance?
One of the most popular pieces of auto insurance advice out there revolves around how to get auto insurance discounts. Here are just a few tips to help you save money:
- Drive safely. The fewer tickets you have, the less risk you present to the insurer, and the cheaper you are to insure.
- Invest in anti-theft. If you use a car tracking system or steering wheel locking device to deter theft, you may qualify for discounts.
- Cover all cars on one policy. The more cars you cover in your policy, the more discounts you're likely to be entitled to, so try to get all of the cars in your family on the same policy.
- Take a defensive driving class. Even if you've never had a ticket or an accident, a defensive driving class could get you some extra discounts on your car insurance.
- Don't buy flashy cars. Flashy, sporty cars are typically more expensive to insure than standard family sedans. Consider this when you're in the market for a new car.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.